Spicy Potatoes


A great accompaniment to many dishes or as a dish on its own are good old spicy potatoes! So easy to do, so quick and yet I forget to make these that often! I must try harder and make these regularly because they are fantastic. 
The key to a good spicy potato is the spice and herbs you are using - the best mix is what you prefer, make up some different combos and give them a go, find what you like and remember it! For me its a bit of heat so I like cayenne pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, chilli powder and some pepper. 

Peel your potatoes chop them into the size you want and bring them to the boil. Cook until the outside of the potato is soft and turn off the heat. Strain the water out and drop the potatoes into a mixing bowl. Throw in those spices and herbs with some extra virgin olive oil and give a good mix around ensuring all of the potatoes are coated.  Transfer them to a baking tray and put in a hot oven. I go for 220C as I am looking for a super crispy potato and soft center. Once they are ready take them out and get eating! Great with some mayo or as part of a dish such as southern fried chicken. To see my recipe for southern fried chicken Click Here


Comments