National Pizza Day 2019 - 2 Pizzas To Get The Day Going

Its National Pizza Day! Who knew that was a thing! In order to celebrate it we had a pizza for dinner and I also made a sweet pizza as well and thought I would add it here for you all! 





I make the pizza dough in my bread maker, its easy come outs perfect every time so why not? The recipe for the dough is 

300g Strong bread flour
1 Table spoon Olive Oil
1 Tea spoon salt
1/2 Tea spoon dried yeast
170ml Water 

Through all this into the bread maker and 45 minutes later its done! I leave the dough to prove for a further couple of hours before use to give it some more air! 
Today I have used 1 third of the dough for the sweet pizza and 2/3 for the pizza. 

For the pizza I topped it with the following

1 batch of MJs tomato base sauce
1 Hoisin chicken breast
1/2 Roasted onion
1/2 Roasted red pepper
Grated cheddar cheese

For the chicken, slice a chicken breast and marinade in some hoisin sauce, I allowed my chicken to marinade for 6 hours in the fridge. You can marinade the chicken in anything you want! or of course nothing at all! But do marinade it to get some extra flavour into the pizza. 

To make the batch of tomato base you will need
2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
1 Onion finely chopped 
Dried mixed herbs
Squeeze of tomato puree
1 Tin of chopped tomatos




Fry off the garlic and the onion in a pan until soft. Add the tomato puree and cook out for 2 minutes before adding the tin of tomatos and the herbs. Once you have added the tomatos cook on a low heat for 1/2 hour to 1 hour. You want to reduce the sauce so that it is nice and thick and ready for the pizza base. 

Slice the pepper and the onion and throw in the oven with some olive oil for 15 minutes until cooked and are soft and sweet! This will add a great flavour to the pizza. 

We can now build the pizza. 

Roll out the dough and cover with the tomato sauce. 



Add the chicken and the roasted veg and grate the cheese over the top. 

I have a pizza stone in my outdoor pizza oven, so I put the stone in my oven in the kitchen and cooked the pizza until it was crispy on the bottom and fluffy in the middle! Delish! 

Cooking took 30 minutes on a high heat on the stone. 




For the Sweet Pizza

The remaining dough
Chocolate spread
2 Bananas
Marshmallows
2 Packets of rolos

I wanted a stuffed crust as that seems to be all the rage right now so I decided to stuff my crust with rolos! 



Once the rolos are all tucked in add a layer of chocolate spread/nutella to the base of the pizza and the add chopped bananas. 


Finally add a some marshmallows to the top and pop in the oven. 



So there we go! National Pizza Day and 1 pizza and 1 sweet pizza! Pizza is easy peasy, the fun is with experimenting with the toppings. I had never made a sweet pizza before today and it turned out ok! Next time I might try berries and less chocolate! 

Once summer returns we can get outside and get the pizza oven switch on! 

Happy Pizza Day Everyone! 

Comments